Are there any barriers to great sales performance that your organization has created for you? If so, how can you remove the obstacles?
One way is to improve your energy and desire to excel. Remember, the speed of the leader determines the rate of the pack.
A few more successful strategies include:
1) Pay more attention to your sales team. Ask your boss to talk to him/her, 1 on 1.
2) Sometimes you can appeal to their competitive instincts by creating a contest against another division of the company, and give the salesperson a stretch goal to shoot for.
3) You can recognize their achievements more frequently.
4) Delegate the delivery of a few sales meetings on a subject such as new sales prospecting (which they, in all likelihood, need a refresher on).
5) Explain to them how their role as a senior tenured salesperson fits in to the big picture and why it’s so important to the sales team results.
6) Last, challenge your senior salespeople to “step-up.” Let them know that you expect much more from them, and are counting on them to increase sales.