Slow Down, Sell Faster!™ Sales Training
The Slow Down, Sell Faster! sales training program provides salespeople with a model and skills that help them better understand a customer’s buying process and the complicated relationships between the many players involved in purchasing decisions.
Skills developed include pre-call preparation, diagnostic questioning, positioning your solution on the high-ground, competitive selling skills, overcoming silence at the 11th hour and win/win negotiation skills.
Pre-work assignments: complete a series of pre-work assignments 30-days prior to the program
8 am – 10 am
The Buying Process – understanding the customer and advancing the sales opportunity.
- Plan every sales call by looking at the buy/sell process from the customer’s perspective.
- Recognize the single biggest mistake most salespeople make (they sell too fast).
- Recognize that there are certain distinct characters (“Roles”) that a sales professional can adopt to do a better job of guiding the buying decision than your competitors do.
- Advance the sale faster by setting call objectives that specify customer action commitments. Focus on your best sales opportunities.
- Improve forecast accuracy with the buy-cycle funnel
- Ask participants: What are your goals for this session?
10 am – 10:15 am
10:15 am – 12 pm
Selling to the Complex Buying Team – Mastering the Politics of Selling to Multiple Decision Makers.
- Common mistakes in working with buying teams.
- Positions on the buying team. Understand the different types of decision influencers, what each person’s needs and criteria are.
- Sponsors and anti-Sponsors.
- Building an effective approach.
- How to deal with C-level and gatekeepers.
- A sample 6-step approach.
12 pm – 12:45 pm
12:45 pm – 2:30 pm
STUDENT – study the customer’s business, their competition, and the change affecting their business, and approach high-probability prospects.
- Prepare for each sales call more effectively by studying the three levels of a business (CEO/Core/Support) and understand where needs are created.
- Pre-call preparation.
- CPA Telephone prospecting skills.
2:30 pm – 2:45 pm
2:45 pm – 5:15 pm
DOCTOR – define a strategy for defeating our #1 competitor — the customer’s decision to do nothing — by diagnosing the entire need and quantifying our value.
- Identify and focus on developing customer problems to create greater demand.
- Understand five types of questions a Doctor asks (History, Symptom, Cause, Complication, Cure) and why they ask them.
- Diagnose the real/underlying concern and learn the cost of these ailments.
Homework: Read the handouts on post-sale customer support.
8 am – 8:15 am
Review of day 1 and discussion of the homework assignment
8:15 am – 10 am
Architect – help shape the customer’s vision of a solution in a way that locks out the competition
- Identifying your company’s strengths compared to the market in general (the “Market Assessment” exercise)
- Diagnostic Probing – the “Architect’s Tool Kit”
- Identifying the customer’s solution criteria
- Planting seeds to change customer’s criteria to better match your solution
- Turning intangible buying criteria into tangibles that favor you
10 am – 10:15 am
10:15 am – 12 pm
Coach — defeat the competition without slashing price (Part 1)
- The “How would you beat you?” exercise. If you were selling against your company what would your strategy be? Then, how should the defeat that strategy?
- Where are you entering in your customer’s buying process?
- Watch for these seven signs of a “rush to judgment – the signs that you are considered just column fodder by the customer
- Dealing with customer objections planted by your competitors
- How to develop a winning game plan—scouting the competition
- The Demo Planner tool
12 pm – 12:45 pm
12:45 pm – 1:45 pm
Therapist understands and resolves the buyer’s fears.
- What Therapists do?
- Anticipating fear — identifying common risks, concerns, questions to ask the customer, avoiding traditional objection-handling techniques
- Resolving fear with EAR (Explore, Acknowledge, Resolve)
- Getting a green light
1:45 pm – 2 pm
2 pm – 3 pm
Negotiator discusses to reach agreement with the customer
- Rules of negotiation
- Evaluating your negotiation power
- Preparing to negotiate
- Determining flexibility on negotiables
- Identify competitive strengths
- Identify your bargaining chips
3 pm – 3:15 pm
3:15 pm – 4 pm
- The negotiation conversation—common tactics, responding to a first demand, questions to clarify customer’s intent
- Asking for Commitment
4 pm – 4:45 pm
Jeopardy game – content review game. A fun team-based competition that test’s participants’ learning
4:45 pm – 5 pm
Summarize and adjourn
Sales training materials: what each participant receives
Each participant receives a participant workbook, application tools and sales training audiobook, copy of the book, “Slow Down, Sell Faster!,” 4-color wheel card and Quick Reference Guide. A six-month license to TopLine’s 9-module “Slow Down, Sell Faster!” eLearning reinforcement program is also included.
Contact us for future dates and times
We strive to provide you with sales management and sales training tools that are truly useful to you as a sales manager or salesperson.